Ramble On

Monday, March 1, 2010

Prospective Views of the Fibrowatt Stack

When I first came to the Valley, I did so after looking down at the town of Luray from Skyland at Shenandoah National Park.  What a lovely place we saw down below, and my wife and I took a drive down to check it out.  Here we are three years later, having restored a unique one-of-a-kind home for a getaway.

It's a community I've come to love and enjoy.  I want what's best for the people there and do everything I can to promote the Valley back here in the DC area.  

I came across some images that a friend put together using Google Earth to mock up the view of this proposed Fibrowatt plant on the Shenandoah Valley region.  I wish I was skilled enough to make similar ones...but reprinting them here to reinforce my point about the potential for devastating impacts on tourism in the Valley.

2 comments:

Brian McGowan said...

Man, those yellow pushpins must be HUGE!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah but they aren't very sharp. They're safety push pins.