Ramble On

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

2010 NFMT Show - Baltimore


I spent the better part of Tuesday in Baltimore at the National Facilities Management and Technology Conference and Expo - I gave my "A New Leader's Guide to a High-Performing Facilities Organization."  My session was well attended again - I gave this talk last year in Baltimore and again in Las Vegas last September. 
It's a work in progress - as I continue to gain experience as a consultant there are always opportunities to update the material, sometimes the audience makes suggestions that leads to new content, and I like to include the latest developments from industry.  This time I had added some insights I came across from the Software Engineering Institute, which has a maturity model concept for software development.  There were tips that directly translate to the maturity model I use for facilities organizations.

After my talk, I caught a couple of conference sessions, and then went out for lunch with a couple of colleagues who meet up every year at NFMT, with the addition of one of my work colleagues.  We chose an Irish place at the Inner Harbor, near the Constellation.  It was splendid spring weather, and all the lunchers sat outside. 

After lunch, back to the show for a walk around the Expo hall.  Here is a photo of one of the booths - this Smart Car that has been turned into a tiny automotive billboard for ServPro was a highlight.

Later on I ran into the videographers that were working with us at the Las Vegas show, they were filming this year's speakers.  The content we developed in September is post production but there are still a few matters to be resolved before it can be distributed.  I will send an email to get an update and hopefully a link to the two pieces I did with them.

No comments: