Ramble On

Friday, March 5, 2010

Chores are Waiting

I've got chores waiting for me out at the Hawksbill Cabin and I am really looking forward to them.  I even sent a note to my buddy Chris - he may come out and join me.

The main thing that I need to take care of is to clean up this log pile.  A few weeks back, we had Ricky Dinges come out and take down the damaged trunk of the apple tree in the front yard, and a gnarly old dogwood (that we hated to see go).  While he was there, we noticed this old pine that was close to an oak, and since we had this situation a couple of years ago - the pine fell - we decided the pine had to come down. 

Ricky took it down for us two weeks ago, and I told him to leave the logs cut to camp wood length and I would take care of it.  So this weekend, I'll be moving it to a pile behind the shed...where I still have quite a bit of this wood left.  Chris wants to use it during weekend camping trips and he's taken about a third of what I had...I guess he isn't camping as much as he needs to.

Here is a view of the roof with all the snow melted off finally - but with the big snow banks behind the house still there.  These are in the shade of the house all day long - it's going to take a couple of weeks for this to melt!

No comments: