Ramble On

Monday, March 29, 2010

As seen on Hawksbill Park Road: Jordan Hollow Inn Foreclosure

Last month when I drove in to the Board of Supervisors meeting, I saw a big red foreclosure sign at the front of our neighbor, the Jordan Hollow Inn.  Since then, news of a foreclosure auction has been printed in the PN&C newspaper. 

It seems to me to be another sign of how tough this economy has been.  This is the second time the establishment faced foreclosure - last summer it did as well, but the owner was able to stop the proceding.  No such luck this time.

Mary has indulged me in letting me take a look at the property and consider making an investment here.  The research we did may form the basis of future posts.  It's enough to say for now that this has given us an excellent opportunity to get to know our Page County neighbors better - so no matter how the auction turns out, at least we have that going for us!

6 comments:

Brian McGowan said...

Go for it, Drago!

Brian McGowan said...

Oh, man! I forgot all about your "Comment Moderation"... I guess I should stick to making stupid comment on defacedbook now.

Unknown said...

You are welcome to make your comments here, Brian. We don't call them stupid, as far as you know!

Shmoo said...

A Club Silverwings, but with a new non-copyrighted name?

Penny

Joye said...

I see a bed & breakfast in your future ... I might even invest in that.

Unknown said...

Hey hey hey! I think the Page County community would welcome you and Mary with open arms! I wonder what type of incentives the local EDA might have for you?