Ramble On

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Clarendon Construction - Final for March 2010

Earlier in the week I received word that for the summer I will temporarily move to our offices in Washington, DC, near the Farragut West Metro station. That means that my Clarendon Construction updates will become a bit more sporadic – there are still a few reasons I would come over to this office, and I expect I will a few times, so I can update then. My group will relocate back to this building in August or September.


As usual, here are some photos of the two main buildings I’ve been tracking since demolition of the old buildings began in January 2008. The masonry on the large building across the street is just about complete. Also, I noticed that the tower crane has been taken down on the mid-block building, now that the masonry platforms are up. Looks like everything is on track for occupancy by the fall, as advertised on the site signage.

There is a third interesting project going up around the block – there is a plan to build a block of apartments behind this church, in the airspace over the top of the education building behind it. In a future post – maybe in lieu of photographic updates, I will see if I can’t find the developer’s concept drawing and post it.

Finally, here is something I will miss while I am at the DC office – the Whole Foods (or Whole Paycheck as some like to call it). Don’t get me started on how this building was the Sears Lawn and Garden Center when I first moved to the DC area in 1990…

Ok, until next time – there’s our update.

No comments: