Ramble On

Friday, March 12, 2010

DBTs

The Drive by Truckers is a band that calls themselves “roots rock” – their sound is flavored with references to the southern rock of the ‘70’s and other pop references of that time. Growing up in the south – in Memphis, and in Albany, Georgia – I think I met a bunch of kids like these guys.


My friend Jared had a link to them on his FB profile, so I followed the tip over to iTunes and found a 14 song playlist, from a range of their albums. Mary and I listen to this CD on our drives to the Hawksbill Cabin, or as we are cruising down Ida Loop on the way into town.

Song title

Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife
That Man I Shot
Hell No, I Ain’t Happy
My Sweet Annette
The Day John Henry Died
Carl Perkin’s Cadillac
Never Gonna Change
Lookout Mountain
The Living Bubba
18 Wheels of Love
Steve McQueen
Ronnie and Neal
Zip City
Let There be Rock

Just thinking of this, I think I am going to dig up my Little Feat CD.  I was happy to learn that the DBTs are still recording and even have a new record in the works. You never know where you will find a tip on something you’ll like, eh?

Amazon links:

Drive by Truckers Big To-Do
Little Feat Waiting for Columbus

4 comments:

Isabelle said...

Drive By Truckers will be on David Letterman tonight. Enjoy

Mom Ettenger said...

In what years did you live in Albany? I was born and raised in Columbus. That would make us almost neighbors! Happy to read that winter is finally melting away at the cabin. Best, Cathy.

Unknown said...

Isabelle, missed that Letterman show. Thanks for the tip.

Moms - check your email, I sent a note.

Best,
Jim

Keith Stoneberger said...

How con you forget Jake Brake and the All Truckers Band?