Ramble On

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Why is it called Beaver Run?


A couple of weekends ago, I noticed that we could now see the sparkle of water in the hollow across the way. Most of the time, you can hear the small stream there after a heavy rain, but it was usually blocked from site – either by some trees on our lot, or by the overgrown grasses and riparian plants down there.

It caught my eye Sunday morning so I took a walk down to the road to check it out. Turns out, we’ve got a beaver. It has dammed off that part of the creek, starting with a fallen tree, and now we have a little pond.

I’ll keep an eye out for the critter, and watch how this little engineering marvel holds up during the Fall rains.

3 comments:

Hurray for Luray said...

Great blog. I love the house. I will check back often.
Yours truly- Hurray for Luray

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments! I take it you are from Luray?

Unknown said...

Here is Elaine's blog - I will be including her in my bloglist soon.

http://hurrayforluray.blogspot.com/

She, like Mary and me, have found something special out in Luray. Join us soon!