Ramble On

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Vintage Elvis


Mary surprised me a few weeks ago. She stumbled on this old poster of mine from an Elvis Costello concert from 1983. “Heute” is the German word for “today” – I took this poster from the will call booth at the venue. To have it framed now certainly brings back some fun memories from the era, not to mention that venue.

Concerts included – Stray Cats, Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, Grand Master Flash, Talk Talk, Icicle Works and Billy Bragg (great encore of Gloria), the Bangles…that’s not in any particular order by the way. And probably many more I can’t remember.

Good stuff. And one other memory from November ’83– there was a great train/bus trip with my coworkers to Lucerne early in the month.
We had the poster framed at The Main Frame in Luray. We've had a lot of work done there.

It’s not too bad for wear and tear, and now that it is framed it will last forever. Thanks Mary!

2 comments:

Brian McGowan said...

Elvis at the Metropol; Nov 10th, 1983, huh? I had just gotten to Berlin a week prior to that date.

And very a propos, Elvis is playing tomorrow in Golden Gate Park at the annual FREE "Hardly Strictly Bluegrass" festival. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend it (I was there for six hours today ~ Steve Earle, Dave Alvin, Emmylou Harris, among others) as I am going to visit a friend who has a son that is joining the Air Force in two weeks(I tried to talk him out of it)...

And so "the circle is unbroken"...

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great show Bri. Good luck to the prospective young zoomie.