Ramble On

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Weekday Errands in Luray



I had to run some errands in Luray a couple of weeks ago, and my friend Chris joined me for the day. I know all the neighbors and friends in town had to work, but it was fun to check in on some of them and I appreciated having the chance to say hi.


We decided to head over to the Brookside for breakfast. I know I have posted about the place before, but I’ve been thinking about the little stream behind them for a time. It’s called Pass Run, and it comes down out of the Thornton Gap running west across Page County before it empties into the South Fork. Here is a photo of the stream as it runs behind the little cabins there – including one of the cabin’s decks that overlooks the stream.


Some others here – the owners keep a pair of peacocks in a cage near the stream and parking lot, one of the front of the restaurant, and then one looking at the motor court with the cabins behind. When I took that last one, I suddenly realized that the leaves are really beginning to change around here.

No comments: