Ramble On

Friday, October 24, 2008

Get on out there and vote dammit!

A short post today. Reminding my US readers that this is an important election and that you need to cast your vote, no matter which way you're leaning this time.

Mary and I, living in Alexandria as we do, are in the part of the state that was recently referred to as the "not real Virginia" or some nonsense like that...and we voted yesterday. I can't speak for her, but for my part, there was another straight ticket choice put in the bank for hope and change.

That comment about "real Virginia" - and some of the others that are making the rounds recently - really isn't what our country is all about.

That is what the toxic environment of the last 8 years has left us with - a legacy of division that this election can go a long way to fix.

Get on out there and vote. Your voice needs to be heard on the important issues facing us in the times ahead.

2 comments:

Brian McGowan said...

Jim:

I'll vote when my party's candidate is on the ballot, dammit...

The Apathetic Anarchy Party* just can't get it together to nominate anyone, though.

*(Our motto: Let someone ELSE f*ck up the World!)

Anonymous said...

I voted yesterday Mom