Ramble On

Monday, July 19, 2010

Visiting Friends in Mountain View

First stop on the road trip this week, I was able to stop by and visit Cathy and Amelie in Mountain View.  Or Sunnyvale.  Or Cupertino.  (The towns blurred together a little on me).

Besides a nice visit and meeting Amelie for the first time, we also made time to visit the Farmers' Market - a big Sunday morning one near the Mountain View train station.  Amelie had a great time (as did the adults) sampling all the in season fruits, such as peaches, plums, nectarines...she even tried some dried apricots (one of my two purchases - I picked the sulphur free variety - also got some fresh pickles).


Here are a bunch of photo highlights from walking around the market and enjoying the incredible sunny day.  What a great idea, Cathy!


Afterwards, we stopped for a bite at a little cafe near the market.  Besides some great falafel and baklava, we met the nicest homeless man I think I have ever encountered.  He offered quite a bit of advice - for a casual meeting and considering he was a homeless man - on childrearing.  I forget, did we thank him?

In any case, a nice opening day for the road trip, and thanks again, Cathy, for the hospitality!

No comments: