Ramble On

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Upcoming Adventures

The gang at AOA have a couple of blogs that I have been enjoying quite a bit lately - one is adventure oriented and the other gear oriented.  Both are in my blog roll to the left.

I'm going to borrow one of Gary's posts about his Tech 4-0 watch later this week for the Tech-watch Geek series.  And Howard posted about a training ride they did the other night in preparation for a twenty-four hour adventure race coming up...

http://adventuresinthevalley.blogspot.com/2010/07/adventure-race-gear-shake-down.html

Looks like I have a couple of adventures coming up myself.  First, next week I have a work assignment in Yosemite.  I won't get to do the famous cable route, shown here from Chris's and my hike in 2005 (click to enlarge-those are people), but I count myself lucky on this one and will work above and beyond to get the deliverable right - there could be some downstream projects at other National Parks.  Way cool.

And my hiking group - we've done Signal Knob and Duncan Knob in Massanutten, as well as a hike in Shenandoah National Park - is trying to put together a wilderness overnighter in Dolly Sods (link is  http://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5090664.pdf ), an adventure that is going to test the limits of what I've experienced on our hikes and adventures.

But I'm looking forward to these...as they say at AOA:  "Thrive Outside."

No comments: