Ramble On

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Eggplant recipe #2

Here's another eggplant recipe from "Purple Lady" - thanks for sharing!  Mary and I are going to try this soonl.

I do a slightly different style, you may like. Chop the veggies, saute in sesame seed oil,add fresh basil and a little oregano,at the last minute. In a separate bowl, mix olive tamponade with Greek style yogurt. Then drizzle the veggies with the yogurt mixture.


Also, she tells me that the Sustainable Shenandoah group (I have a link to their blog in the left hand column) will have heirloom tomatoes coming in soon. 
 
Other recipes are welcome here.  I haven't been much of an eggplant fan in the past (I had a bad experience with eggplant parmesian in Paris in 1984 and kind of gave up on them), but this spring I was talking with Chuck at Main Street in Luray and watched him put together a dish - I got interested, so now we're eating eggplant. 
 
That's life baby, you know?

No comments: