Ramble On

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Road Trip to San Antonio


Now that daylight is upon us, turns out there is a balcony in this room that overlooks the famous River Walk. I know I am nearby the Alamo so I will try and check it out while I am here - I've walked by a few times but never went in.

Lots of great tips from my old Air Force friends about things to do and see, but I don't know what I will be able to fit in - it is a work trip.

It has been 20 years since I was here, visiting Henry on Labor Day 1989. We did the River Walk then, too, with the San Antonio Grand Prix going on all around.

The flight from DFW was packed, and I sat among a team of airmen coming back from a TDY in Florida. Same ol' same ol' - the poor taste in jokes and constant sarcasm made me laugh remembering some of our old jokes. One of them was a Serbian Linguist, and they were all impressed when I told them I had been a Russian Linguist. That was fun. These young people will be deploying to Kuwait within six months or so - length of tour between a six months and a year. Good fortune to them!

3 comments:

Evan said...

That's where I'll be relocating in 2010. How's the heat treating you?

Unknown said...

Evan, it is hot and steamy. But there's AC to be found. Also, the housekeeping staff turned the thermostat in my room down to 44.5 degrees while I was out - it was freezing! More photos from my walk around today coming later. JT

Anonymous said...

Namcy's wedding was on the River Walk. Must have been a beautiful sight.
Mom