Ramble On

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pool Opening

Uncle D's team came over a few weeks back and got the pool opened for us. There was still work to do once they'd balanced chemicals, taken the cover off, and all of those chores - mostly, a lot of leaf and tree litter had fallen in the water, and then we needed to do the shock treatment.

Cleaning out the over winter stuff takes a little bit of time. I used Dude, the pool 'bot, for a good share of the work, but I also skimmed and broomed the debris a couple of times a day. I put Dude in the pool for an hour or so at a time, twice a day, at times that I could supervise.

The three photos here show how the vents got clogged in the early going, and the full bag after a short time in the early part. Later, there's Dude on a break, and you can see that the pool is relatively clear already.


All the spring rains have been causing a few problems. For one thing, the rain and wind knock down all the little buds from the big pine - and they've encouraged an excessive pollin season from the big tree. Big mess, and everything floats, so it is a job for the skimmer - myself.

I shocked the pool, which requires using a dosage of chlorine, early in the week, and did a second shock to compensate for all the rain on Sunday before we left. Last view of the pool is one with the thermal blanket in place, this is how we leave it after we close for the weekend.

6 comments:

Brian McGowan said...

And after all that work, hopefully you will be able to enjoy next weekend, ну?!

Unknown said...

That's our hope! Brian, cool photo - is that on your Google profile or are you linking over from FB?

Brian McGowan said...

Jim:

Not sure why that photo is there. It may be from my Google profile or linked from defacedbook... who knows? It's the Intro-Net...

That picture was taken last summer right outside Fenway Park in Boston.

Brian McGowan said...

(This is a smarmy comment on the "Suspicious Minds" video.)

I never knew that Latka Gravas was married to Pricilla Presley...

Unknown said...

That is smarmy. And anyhow I guess I like the FYC version better. But my cousin the Elvis impersonator is going to perform at the family reunion, so I had to put this up.

Howard said...

SWEET! I want a cousin who is an Elvis impersonator! Not that my family needs any more characters, but the entertainment factor alone is off the scale!