Ramble On

Friday, June 5, 2009

New on the Blogroll - Sneezing Cow

Last week, my main vacation reading consisted of two books by Michael Perry:

He's a humorist and essayist, and these two books were a great read. The first is about his time as a volunteer first responder in New Auburn, WI; the second is his experience fixing his vintage International Harvester pick-up and other events during a year in the life.

I enjoyed these enough that I checked out his blog, thus the addition to the blogroll, and I am also following him on Facebook.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Brian McGowan said...

I saw Fine Young Cannibals in the Summer of 1986 in Lincoln, NE. They opened up for UB40 that year. Nice concert.

I prefer Elvis' version... but this is cool, too.

Unknown said...

What were you doing in Nebraska? Just making a stop cross-country, or did you have a short tour there after Berlin?

Brian McGowan said...

Jim:

That was my last assignment (Nov 1985-Oct 1986) in the Air Force right after Berlintown. There is no way I would ever go to OMAHA voluntarily for a vacation...