Ramble On

Saturday, January 31, 2009

7 summiters - it's a small world

Since I put that Outside Blog on the blogroll here, I've noticed several posts about 7 summiters. Last week, there was one about a youth putting together this incredible effort. The Outside post opened with, "Jordon Romero wants to climb the Seven Summits by the time he's 14."

It also happens that my friend David is back from the Antarctica climb by way of Patagonia. I sent the link on Romero to him - David sent back this photo with the note, "I met him at High Camp on Denali."
The kid is engaged in a fund raising effort so that he can complete all seven summits by the time he is 16 - he'll be the youngest person to accomplish this is he's successful.

Small world in that group, eh?

1 comment:

Brian McGowan said...

Way to go, Jordan!

(And kudos to your friend, David, too.)