Ramble On

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day Trip to Annapolis

Yesterday was an out and back to Annapolis for work - we had a very successful day at the Naval Academy meeting with clients and learning about the hisory of the facilities there. A highlight for me on the installation was our drive by the old hospital, where I was born.

At lunch we drove out to old town, near the little harbor. You can really feel the history here at the old dockside.

This is where George Washington came to catch a ferry across to Rock Hall when he made his trips to Philadelphia and New York, and he very likely stopped for a break in the tavern we had lunch at, since it was in operation back then.

A short trip, but successful. It's funny, earlier in my consulting career I really liked to travel, and I still think site visits are the best part. But I can hardly stand air travel anymore, even for a vacation. Maybe these day trips by car and train are easing me back into it.

No comments: