Ramble On

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day - From Janice, on the Mall

Janice has just posted me after attending the Inauguration in person.

"All I can say is...Wow. Today was truly a once in a lifetime experience. There is no way to describe what this day meant to me personally as a young African-American woman and an American citizen. I'm so taken by what this man has created.

A movement of hope and change, and a renewed faith for everyone. His sincerity and warm demeanor is contagious and it was evident in the crowd today. The idea It was so stunning, so phenomenal, so breath taking that all I could all say was "Wow."

Barack Obama has set a defining moment for the US and the world. I believe that because of the gift God created in President Obama, this world is forever changed for the better.

I am so honored and blessed to have been a part of it and to have shared this experience with my children; especially my young sons who will never remember a world where a black man couldn't be president. I rejoice in the fact that their norm is that of a more equal and just America, an America more like the one their ancestors dreamed of and prayed for. They have no idea how greatly this moment will forever impact their lives.

I'm looking forward to responding to the call of President Obamato take personal ownership in the restoration of our magnificent country. Change has come and more change is coming. As you said Jim, today is the first of many steps. So let's get to work! This is going to be an AWESOME 4 years!"

No comments: