Ramble On

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day - some more text greetings

I had notes from two friends who went down to the Mall to be a part of the events today, Janice and Stan, and another, Jack, who texted in from LA.

Janice, a great friend from a few years ago at Jacobs, brought the family up from Raleigh to be a part of the event. She, her husband and kids, all were part of this great experience on the Mall today with an estimated 1.8 million.

Also from Stan, a USAF friend from Berlin, who’s family went downtown to be part of the events.

And finally, Jack, one of my mentors and a professor at USC, who watched the festivities in LA. Last summer during my visit out to the campus, I happened to follow Jack in from the beaches and saw his Obama bumper sticker. This is significant for him, he said, a long road from the sixties. Jack demonstrated against the Oakland draft board in 1964, something I just learned today.

No comments: