Ramble On

Saturday, December 19, 2009

December Snow

Snow began last night in Alexandria, and we had four inches by midnight. This morning, I took a few photos around the yard before I shoveled the walks - we probably had a foot by noon.


Later on I checked the walk, you can't really tell I shoveled at all.

The snow has continued falling all day - they recorded 13 inches officially over at National Airport, about 4 miles from the house. I think we have more here in our neighborhood.


I took a walk around 4pm down to Whole Foods - a beer run. They were closed. Sob.


On the way, I saw families coming over to the nearby park for some sledding, some cross country skiers, and a couple of sedans stuck in the snow banks left by the plows.


Topped it off with a couple of Starbucks Peppermint Mochas.

No comments: