Ramble On

Monday, September 7, 2009

"Whereabouts"

Friends and followers - thanks for your continued interest in the Hawksbill Cabin blog. This week of Labor Day 2009 is one where there may not be many posts - I am vacationing at the cabin and we don't have internet there.

I have some plans for my time there that I will share with you, besides a dip in the pool here and there, weather permitting; observing the renovation work that is scheduled for my week there; sitting by the firepit at night with a glass of red wine and a cigar; and generally reflecting on the "beneficial mood effects" of the wooded setting there, I hope to:
  • take a day trip down to Waynesboro to tour some AT points of interest;
  • enter the SNP through the southern entrance and continue my quest to complete the "Easy Day Hikes" list (there are four in the southern district left to do;
  • get a round of golf in at the Caverns Club in Luray; and
  • generally relax and recharge.

Also, I do have some professional writing to do in order to prepare for an upcoming business and speaking trip to Las Vegas.

My fantasy football league draft is Tuesday night, and we have to set our lineups by Thursday, so I will have to search out an internet connection during the week, and expect to make a mid-week post...until then, have a good one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing this blog - it's informative and always interesting. I frequent the SNP and look forward to reading your comments on the day hikes.

Enjoy your vacation.

Don

Unknown said...

Thanks, Don!

I am posting from the Barnes and Noble in H-burg, had to come down here and submit my vacation timesheet.

I did get in two of the short hikes yesterday, today I am going back up to try and get one more in - and to try "Jones Run Falls" - an accidental discovery on one of my Park maps.

Cathy E. said...

Jim, you'll appreciate this. My friend Janet and I are going to a concert at the Fillmore Sat. night - Michael Franti and Spearhead plus other performers sitting in, playing Talking Heads music!!! Franti's music is hip-hop/reggae, so it should be an interesting on those familiar tunes. I'll let you know...

Cathy E. (update) said...

Hi Jim,

Janet has been working way too hard, and got the dates mixed up, so we never made it to the concert. Bummer! But motherhood is tiring, so I actually appreciated foregoing the 90 mile round trip.