Ramble On

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Las Vegas (extra curricular)

(apologies to Facebook readers - you may have already seen the photo album there also)

Give me found time on a business trip and I will try to find something to do. And so it was in Vegas. I finished my first talk and the follow-up interview taping and decided to see if I could book a same day flight to the Grand Canyon.

Readers may remember the recent book review of "The Man Who Walked Through Time" - link here: http://hawksbillcabin.blogspot.com/2009/09/vacation-book-review-man-who-walked.html - so this was a timely excursion. Heck, I told the pilot about the book and he had me field a question about the sandstone and limestone layers from the other tourists (note to Mary - I would like to be called Ranger Jim when I get home - to see what it's like.)
I decided on this rather than spending anything on gambling or a show. If you haven't seen the Grand Canyon in person, this may not make any sense. But it is an amazing perspective-giving experience, and I was up for the second visit.

Here are a few highlight photos - many others can be found on my Facebook album at:



No comments: