Ramble On

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stocking Up


It's fall, and one of my favorite things to do at the Hawksbill Cabin during this season is to sit out on the brick porch in the evenings with a fire going.  Heck, I'll even sit by the fire well into winter, as evidenced by the photo below - this picture highlights my survival strategy during last winter's "snowpocalypse."

Mary bought me this new firepit to replace the old one, and we went to Wal-Mart Sunday so I could stock up on fake logs, shown here.

One thing I've noticed out there, since the canopy is mostly down.  I can see the lights from the houses up on Tanners Ridge at night, sometimes a car in a driveway, etc.  But frequently I see a fire going up there, and I imagine that they are sitting around a firepit enjoying themselves just like I am.

I have 12 new logs, plus two left over from the summer.  This should be just about enough to ensure I survive the winter. 

No comments: