Ramble On

Friday, August 31, 2012

Luray Triathlon - 2012 edition

Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to participate in the Luray Sprint Triathlon again - as a volunteer, which I've been doing now for a few years.  It's really a great time to see all the athletes getting charged up for this event - from the nervous first timers to the seasoned veterans, and I even get a little burst of nostalgia for that marathon I ran back in 1983.

Luray's Lake Arrowhead makes for an excellent venue, it's scenic and has the kinds of facilities that make for easy logistics.  And I'm always surprised by the number of volunteers we turn out.

Here are a few photos from the event this year - I didn't get any of the runners, since this year I was working at the finish line helping with validations and there was no time to look up from that assignment.

I want to add my congrats to all my friends that participated this year - the AOA team was represented again, and there was a great Public House Produce contingent, too.  I think all those people have caught the bug...me too, but I think I'm going to keep it vectored into a volunteer role!

Here's a link to more info about the Luray Triathlon:  http://luraytriathlon.com/

No comments: