- Will be Largest Investment Project in History of Southern Virginia
- Company to Invest up to $499 million and Create 50 New Jobs
- Virginia Beats out North Carolina and Texas for Company’s Most Advanced Data Center
When I think about this news, the first thing I want to analyze is location – which is strategic in Mecklenburg County: power coming off the Kerr Lake Dam (Wikipedia: John H. Kerr Dam currently produces over 426 million KWh), easy access to Interstate 85 and rail corridors, located between the two state capitals, and positioned between the financial sectors in Richmond and Charlotte. With rail cutting through there, a good communications infrastructure already exists.
• What's our current communications bandwith at Project Clover?
• What is the power capacity, and where does the power come from?
• And mechanical capacity (water for cooling)?
• What major roads get us there?
• What data intensive industries are nearby?
• This $500-million investment in a Gen4 data center will create 50 jobs...how will the Page County Data Center, a Gen3 facility, create 96 jobs?