Ramble On

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Some Splainin on the Data Center Posts

I received some questions on why I left the roles and responsibilities here in a relatively unclear state.  That's because they need some clarification as far as the data center discussions go.

I understand that the EDA's role is courting and attracting business to Page County.  However, a lot of people are appearing in the PNC making statements about the data center - very few of them associated with PTS, the company who announced they wanted to build it in the first place.  The letters I am referrring to are the recent ones by Steve Dave McClure and Bill Shuler, where it's understood they have roles within the County (McClure calls himself the CTO, Shuler is vice chair of the EDA and BBA), yet here they are championing a data center...it gets very confusing to me about whether this is a public sector effort or private sector initiative - it belongs firmly in the private sector... 

Since so many of these people making public statements aren't being clear on their roles, I have left a lot of these details in a not specific state.

I just don't have the visibility into these roles to assign who's responsible and who isn't. It seems like one big "them" to me, and that's my point.  Without clear lines of responsibility, without a game plan, and without due diligence, it's ripe for SNAFUs.  That's why I have posted this stuff the way I did.

Cabin Jim

No comments: