Ramble On

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Quiet Moment

Taking a few days off from blogging.  Mary and I said goodbye to our beloved Chow mix, Sofie, last night. 

Mary found Sofie as a stray at 18th & T in the District in 1996, and the dog has been with us ever since.  She and her sister Gracie made a great pair.  Sofie was a feisty and strong little girl, ever the faithful watch dog.  She went through an awful lot in her long life, but always had the sweetest disposition and personality.  So we will miss her.  And we'll need just a little time away.

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that you lost Sofie. It's always hard to lose a beloved pet.I wrote a poem once about losing love ones. I hope you like it.
Silence entered my room
And sat down beside me.
Then put its arms on my shoulders.
"She gone ", I said.
Then silence lifted my hair
And whispered in my ear,
"I know".
"But she was here"

Mom Ettenger said...

Mary and Jim,

Sending you deepest condolences for your loss of sweet Sofie, as well as love and support.

Cathy