Ramble On

Saturday, May 9, 2009

West of Here, Part 2

So, after I rec'd the first phone photo from Chris yesterday, I called to check in. He had stopped by the side of the road on Antelope Island there in Salt Lake City and was admiring the wild life...turns out, right there at the side of the road, there was a bison grazing on the scrubby grass.

He estimated that the animal was about 30 feet away, and was wandering closer. I thought for a moment I might refer him to Evan Dyson's tips for safely viewing wildlife, but Chris was pretty caught up in the moment. Understandably, a pretty unique experience - and very cool to be on the phone with him as it happened!


Here's another view of a nearby herd. I love to visit the west. Very tempted to make a plan for Yellowstone or Crater Lake this Fall, but we'll have to see.


1 comment:

Evan said...

Sounds pretty cool!