Ramble On

Monday, May 4, 2009

First Spring Project 2009

As I was scrolling through the photos on my moto cam I noticed I haven't written yet on our first spring project, which was to redo the gravel walks and parking space. These photos are a few weeks old - Mickey came out and took care of this project the same weekend we did the Mary's Rock hike last month.
That's his truck in the background...I know he made three trips for all the gravel, but I don't know the cubic footage of the gravel we put down.
When I post the azaelea photos from this past weekend, the difference will be clear, especially in the photo below, which was taken about two weeks ago, just as the azaeleas were beginning to bloom.

We also decided to put a path up the side of the house. This little hill is fairly steep, and the dogs started using these steps as a way to get to the backyard. So we decided to put a path in to make it easier for everybody.




The paths had been recently redone before we bought the house, but the small gravel that was used didn't stay in place and was pretty much mashed into the ground after just a year or so. We've chosen a larger sized stone and we put down a really good membrane to protect from weeds growning up in the paths. It made a huge difference around the house.

No comments: