Ramble On

Friday, February 6, 2009

Poutin' Grace


On Sunday afternoon it was pleasant enough to sit out on the brick terrace and read. I had the dogs out with me, but they kept wandering off in opposite directions, so I put them back inside.

About 20 minutes later, I looked over at the windows and caught site of Gracie in pout mode. She actually had fallen asleep with this disgruntled look on her face.

The border collie seems to be coming around. Mary has found the secret for getting her to eat the special diet, and Gracie has gained back the pounds she lost. We haven't been to the vet in a few weeks, but things seem to be going well just now.

3 comments:

Brian McGowan said...

Jim:

Glad to hear that Gracie is feeling and doing better. (Ain't it amazin', Gracie?)

Border collies are one of my favourite breeds. Never had that particular type when I was younger (always tended to more of the mutt ones); but, if I ever do grow up, that's at the top of my list to get.

Mary Buckley McCarthy said...

I am glad to hear that Gracie is doing well. My Golden Retriever, Toby (age 9) was diagnosed with renal failure last month. According to blood test results he has just 5% kidney function. This astonished me as he showed no signs but weight loss. As soon as the vet told me the blood test results, I put Toby on a low protien diet with supplements. Since this change he has had a great boost in energy, has a great appetite and interest in life. While I know this is no cure, I am happy with how he has responded. Hopefully I can make the rest of his life wonderful.

Unknown said...

Well, Mary, that is the same way we feel about it. I am glad to hear that Toby has responded so well to the diet. Like I mentioned in the post, Gracie seems to be almost her old (literally, she's 14) self again.