Ramble On

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Cousin the Elvis Impersonator


So, I mentioned the visits to Eden, NC. During the 2001 visit for my grandfather, I learned that one of my dad's cousins had taken up a new line of work since his retirement - he'd become an Elvis Impersonator. Here's a poor quality scan of his "promo photo," taken at a Fourth of July event somewhere down there.

(Real name) Gregory used to pass through on travels, and I remember one summer he came through Georgia for a visit. He sang for us then, a big voice that could carry any of the pop songs of the day.

So we're down on our visit this time, and Greg is talking about the gigs and the other part of this work, hosting karoake nights at local bars and restaurants. Not bad work if you are so inclined and have some talent.

And as usual, he broke into a song - here's the original:

1 comment:

Brian McGowan said...

JT:

Ha! Didn't know your cousin was a Red Sox fan!

(Note: This song plays at Fenway Park during the middle of the 8th Inning for every game.)