Ramble On

Monday, September 8, 2008

The tech-watch geek returns

Last month I mentioned the Casio Pathfinder line of altimeter watches, which includes multiple features besides altimeters, such as barometers, compasses, and even phases of the moon. As part of my vacation reading I picked up “National Geographic Adventure” (from the cover story, “Where to Live and Play Now,” I thought I might fit into the demo for this, but I found it to be exceptionally consumerist, what with all this adventure tourism and the like…not much info about sustainability or conservation...jees, who pulled up this soapbox for me to stand on?) which happened to include the Casio Pathfinder ad but also had a review of a Tissot timepiece.

The watch is the Tissot T-Touch Expert, and it is also an altimeter watch, with barometric pressure, temperature, chronograph, compass, and alarm. It is designed to be less clunky – the reviewer says the others look like “wrist-top robots” – he calls this boardroom bling with a crystal face, titanium bracelet, and minimal flair.

It retails at $1,095, so price is one thing the Casios have on it…not to mention their solar battery and atomic timekeeping features. This one does have a touch screen, so all navigation is done from that interface, which might be better than dealing with the buttons on the Casios...still, I think I will check this one out, next time I come across a Tissot dealer.

By clicking on the label "Tech-Watch Geek" you will be taken to the entire series of altimeter watch reviews.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think our ancestors somewhere must of been clocksmiths.
Here is my dream watch, if anyone ever see's it made--please let me know:
http://www.talusfurniture.com/watch/index.html