Ramble On

Friday, September 26, 2008

Nov 2008 DC David Byrne Show

Coming of age as I did during the late '70's, and then spending some formative years in Berlin ('81-'86), I have always been a fan of David Byrne and Talking Heads.

David is currently on tour - details at http://www.davidbyrne.com/ - here is a playlist from the recent show in Baltimore:

Strange overtones, I Zimbra, One fine day, Help Me Somebody, Houses in motion, My Big Nurse, My Big hands, Heaven, Home, The River, Crosseyed & Painless, Life is long, Once in Lifetime, Life During Wartime, I Feel my stuffEncores: Take me to the River, The Great Curve, Everything that happens

He will be back in the DC area in November, playing at the Warner Theatre on 9 NOVEMBER 2008...tix are going fast, and two will cost you a minimum of $148...

The wife and I caught his 2004 show at the Birchmere in Alexandria, and we will be at this one too...I highly recommend the performance if you can make it. Here's David's blog entry from that show...we saw him come into the venue just off of his bike, and the bouncer almost didn't let him in! A manager came around and intervened, so the show went on. http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2004/06/6104_washington.html

Trivia question: Crosseyed and Painless is the one with the most excellent Belew solo, right?

By the way, there are videos of some of these songs on the Byrne site.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68KLZCVFDQI

one of my favorite David Byrne songs, and I thank you for all the music you have introduced me to over the years bro- byrne, anderson, costello :)