Ramble On

Friday, September 12, 2008

Summer Flowers - miscellany


Well, we're getting our money's worth out of this title...I am posting about trees and fruit more than flowers under this category. And here we go again.

Two highlight photos this week - these acorns I found on the Stoneyman hike last week - set on a lichen covered piece of greenstone there in the Park. Leave no trace principles mean I've left these behind, hopefully a bear or deer has found them by now and had a little snack.



Also, I've mentioned the apple tree and how it attracts so many deer. Here is a photo of a couple of fallen apples gathered in front of our frog. This is about two hours' worth - it's a pretty constant racket out there, hearing them fall out of the tree!

3 comments:

Brian McGowan said...

Jim:

I see that you have closed the polls on the pool-bot naming...

WooHOO, I finally backed a winner.

(Do you think that if I started a grass-roots effort right now, that I could get Bruce Springsteen on this years Presidential ballot?)

Unknown said...

You're not a loser anymore, Brian!

Brian McGowan said...

Jim:

Well, I wouldn't go that far...

Let's just say I'm still learnin' how to play the game!