Ramble On

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Golf in the Valley



A quick post tonight...I'm taking a week off and don't have internet at the Hawksbill Cabin, so I am posting from the Panera in H-burg.


Today my buddy Dennis came out for a golf round. I've been wanting to try some of the local courses - we were going to the Caverns Country Club, but it's closed for maintenance. Instead, we went to Shenvallee in New Market (Google for a link if you are interested).


It's a nice course and I have no complaints. It felt good to be out, pulled off a couple of pars on the front nine. The photos here are from the tee and from the second shot lie on par 5 #8 of the Old Course there - that is Massanutten in the background.


They had ice cold Amber Bocks waiting for us in the clubhouse afterwards. And I took a swim in the pool when I got back. What's not to like?

No comments: