Ramble On

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bottling the Vagabond

Well, the Vagabond Gingered Ale is finally bottled.  I posted the ingredients and about brewing it back in January - here's an excerpt and link to the post:    

Vagabond Gingered Ale is a deliciously dark , full-bodied ale, with the gentle essence of fresh ginger.  The freshly grated ginger in this recipe offers a joyously refreshing balance to the sweetness of malt, counter-balanced by a judicious choice of hops.  The blend of the main ingredients offers a complex triad of flavors – uniquely satisfying for the vagabond brewers who journey to places that have no boundaries.

http://hawksbillcabin.blogspot.com/2013/01/brewing-vagabond-gingered-ale.html

I'm going to let that bottle condition for a couple of weeks before giving it a try, but I am looking forward to it. Compared to some of the other beers I've brewed, this one has come in at around 4.3% ABV - much lighter.  Still, it is my first batch that is completely assembled from a recipe - so as long as it's drinkable, it's a success!

Meanwhile, I am still enjoying a last few bottles of the honey porter - and I had good feedback on the brew from everybody I shared it with.  I also have a one gallon batch of a Belgian Dubbel going, which I racked over cranberries in secondary.  I'll bottle that one later in the week.

And in the queue, there's another batch of the honey porter, a Belgian variety called L'Petit Orange - which I will include coriander and orange peel in to welcome spring, and finally a honey kolsch.  

On the brewing front, I've got my work cut out for me for the next few months.



No comments: