|Making 20 pounds of brats was one of the highlights on|
Saturday - as was making the pudding, also shown.
|When we arrived at the butchering shed on Saturday|
morning, Mark was already working on the scrapple, and
on a batch of sausage.
- 4 lbs. fine ground pork butt
- 2 lbs. fine ground veal
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram (I used ground and cut this to 1/3 tsp)
- 1.5 teaspoons white pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt (I always cut this by half or more)
- 1 cup cold water