Ramble On

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Following Up at Beaver Run Brewery

I was out running errands this weekend and one of them took me up to Sally and Dan's.  After a short visit with them, Dan wanted to show me some of the improvements he's made to the brewery set-up out in the barn, so we took a walk over there.

He has organized half of the main floor to be the brewery, and has begun building a wall to close off that section from more typical garage accoutrements, such as engines, fuel and the like.  He's close to finished with all of that action, with just a few more things to take care of.














Another new touch is the acquisition of a refrigerator for the space - it's actually a used one that a relative passed down, but it has cleaned up nicely.  When I checked it out, I found that the freezer was full of hops, much of them grown in his yard - the cascades, or by other local brewers - the US fuggles.

Now he has cleared out a lot of stuff that was left behind by the previous owner in the process of moving the brewery out to the barn.  One thing prominently displayed there now, just above the fridge, is a pair of caribou antlers Dan collected up in Alaska when he was working there.  I don't know the whole story yet, but we'll get to that.

I have a few posts about my own brewing efforts to put up, which I'll get to this week.  I bottled the porter, and brewed a batch of the vagabond gingered ale.  Those will follow forthwith.

No comments: