Ramble On

Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring on the Greenway

 It has been a few weeks since I had been out on the Hawksbill Greenway in Luray.  So Tessie and I decided to take a little walk there this morning.

It's a lovely, if chilly, spring day, still overcast, with the stream up after the weekend's rain.

Still, it's spring, as we were informed by this little family of ducks who scampered down the bank into the stream as we approached.

Now, there's been no shortage of activity on the Greenway lately.  A few weeks back, the stream was stocked for "Heritage Trout Day" - celebrated throughout the state.  And there are these new additions - little waste receptacles for recycling monofil fishing line and bait tubs.  Cool stuff.

 Also, there are new murals in town, including this one going up on the sawmill.  I'm keeping an eye on this one's progress.

Lastly, last weekend was the annual Earth Day on the Greenway. While I arrived too late to join the festivities, I did see all the traffic and tents.  It looked like a great event, and well attended.  Congrats to the organizers - I hope Mary and I can join the fun next year!

No comments: