Ramble On

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This is not a boat show, but...

One of the things about this show is the wide range of products and services that are displayed.  And since we were there at set up day yesterday there were a couple of treats to be found and enjoyed without the crowds you would expect - this CBP cigarette being one of those.

It happens to be at the end of our row so we took a quick walk down to look her over.  One of my colleagues is a retired Coastie so he was very excited to be up close and personal with this vessel.  I was impressed too.

I took a couple of photos - the ones I'd like to point out are this one up at the pilot station.  There's all that electronic gear, but if you look up at the dashboard, you see - a paper compass.

Then, of course, at the stern, you get a look at a heckuva lot of horsepower...1,400 if I am doing the math right.

We also are on the same row as a bunch of GM fleet cars.  I got to try on the Equinox and they offered to sell me one on the spot...somebody let Mary know I didn't (yet).

No comments: