Ramble On

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Orlando Trade Show

It's been a long time since I've been to this town.  Trying to recollect yesterday, I think the last time was 2003, I came down for a presentation and then booked a quick turnaround back for the segments to keep my status on United...an airline I have since given up on.

I'm down for the trade show, same as the one I went to last year in San Antonio.  However, since I'm kind of from Orlando, was able to look up some old high school friends yesterday and we got together (shout out - and thanks - to Terry and Tom!).

Today was set up day and man was it hot in the exhibition hall.  I learned last year that because all the freight doors are open on set up day, there's no A/C.  There's a tip for all you trade show tenderfoots - dress very casually because it is gonna be hot in there.  And another one - watch out for all the fork lifts - they don't seem to be paying attention and probably aren't...plus they are all probably temps, and don't know how to operate those things any better than you do.

Here's a photo of our partially put together booth, new banner this year with a bald eagle!

Last one for now - they have a live twitter feed at this show, with camera views of the set up action from four different vantage points.  Turns out, our booth is just off screen here, two booths to the right of the couch at the bottom right corner in this shot.

Once we set up, we took a walk around - there is some pretty awesome BIG stuff here, will post it later.  We are also wondering if our neighbors will be anywhere near as fun as the ones we were near in San Antonio last year...

No comments: