Ramble On

Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Morning Update

Just back from a long weekend in Luray, where we had a family reunion of sorts. We put together a range of Page County activities, including some sightseeing, a cookout, and visiting the Farmers' Market; I think everybody had a good time. I'm going to spend the next few days posting on those things, before getting back to the series of posts on the Page County Economic Development Plan, which I will do on Thursday.

However, while I am on that topic, I wanted to stop and take a moment to thank everybody for the comments they've contributed on the blog, and for the especially helpful insights that friends and neighbors in Page County have shared along the way in several conversations we've had while Mary and I were out and about.

It calls to mind the need to respect a wide range of opinions on the way forward, while consensus continues to build. Hopefully, the Hawksbill Cabin blog posts on this topic have contributed to moving the dialog forward...we love the area and enjoy every minute we get in the Valley, and so we'd love to see the community grow and prosper. Recognizing that so much of life is political and certainly there are strong feelings and beliefs on all sides, my blog posts are meant to contribute to the dialog and finding a way forward together.

Now, in response to a request, here are links to the 2003 and 2008 Strategic Plans that I have been summarizing in recent posts (it was an oversight not to include them before):

No comments: