Ramble On

Saturday, April 4, 2009

REI - Pilgrimage


Well, we aren't able to make it out to the cabin this weekend. So we ran some errands today, and then, by surprise, ended up at the REI store in Alexandria.
On the Duncan Knob hike, I realized the denim shorts I wore were not going to cut it if this crowd ends up doing a few more of that sort of rigorous hike, so I bought a pair of fast drying REI ones today and a Columbia sweat wicking shirt. Mary bought a nice skirt.
We also looked at the Garmins and I checked out a Casio Pathfinder, but I'll probably pick up an out of season model on Amazon...
Also, we looked at the lanterns, which we have a couple of out at the cabin in case of power failures. They are GE products and already don't light, and it's not the batteries. Customer service told us to bring them in so they can check them out...after all, we bought them here.

No comments: