Ramble On

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Little Spring Cookout

Last weekend we only managed to be out for the overnight on Saturday, and due to an allergy attack we couldn't get into to town, we did a little cookout on the brick terrace. As a note, if you ever order Omaha Steaks, be prepared to receive twice a week emails for the rest of your life about sale prices on special packages...a couple of months back, I took them up on one.

On Saturday, I grilled some pork chops that I'd marinated in a lemon pepper sauce I found at Food Lion. The prepared sauces usually have a high sodium content and I try to stay away from that - it is shocking to read an ingredient label and see that 29% of the recommended sodium allowance is contained in two tablespoons of something! I just won't buy that stuff. The sauce I found was more like 6% and we could use it as a salad dressing to boot.

In any case, here is the result, a nice bunch of grilled chops with asparagus, suitable for a spring evening.

And by the way, I like the Omaha Steaks, it seems to be pretty good meat. Can't beat the convenience of sending a gift through them. But I have to admit, I'd rather be shopping local at the excellent butcher shop in Front Royal - Two Fat Butchers - website here: http://www.twofatbutchers.com/.

1 comment:

Aleah said...

I would always prefer to browse Omaha Steaks for my favorite gourmet foods.