Ramble On

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Playlist for a Hot August Weekend in the Shenandoah Valley

I saw that it has been about a year since I posted one of my IPOD playlists, which we listen to on the way out to the cabin. This weekend, I’ve burned a new copy of my Rolling Stones playlist, which includes the following tunes:

· Let it Bleed
· It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll
· Sympathy for the Devil
· Under My Thumb
· Street Fighting Man
· Emotional Rescue
· Harlem Shuffle
· Miss You
· Fool to Cry
· Salt of the Earth
· She's a Rainbow
· Waiting on a Friend

These may not be the first on everybody’s list of favorite Stones songs, but there are a few that everyone could agree on. And there are a few that we can’t hear often enough.

I want to replace one of the songs with Saint of Me, which was released in the mid ‘90’s…a time when I wasn’t buying much music. Just by chance I came across it on a YouTube video. I’ve really grown to like it but I haven't found it on iTunes yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your blog. We have some things in common. Back in the 80s when I had a high-pressure tech job in Tysons Corner, my husband and I bought some land off of Rt 684 and built "Hawksbill Lodge". It was our escape for many years. Reading your blog reminds me of all the work and all the fun and adventure we had discovering Page County.
Thanks!
Laura B

Anonymous said...

Jim:

What no "Paint it Black", you devil?

Brian McGowan