Ramble On

Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Pork Diaries: Try the Scrapple!

Monday breakfast: scrapple on bottom right.

My friends from the butchering have been on me for weeks to try the scrapple that we made.  You may recall there was plenty, so much so that I was worried about what we were going to do with all of it!  

Mary and I have given some away to neighbors who’ve told us they would like some – they raved about it, and then they also started ratcheting on us about trying it.

So finally, we had some this weekend.  We paired it up with some fresh eggs from Public House Produce – and a little gift of hot pepper jelly that Heather gave us (thanks – it is delicious).  And a crowning touch, a fresh loaf of cinnamon bread from Main Street Bakery in Luray.

If scrapple was gold, we would have been rich!
You know, I wouldn’t go as far as saying it is growing on me or anything, but we enjoyed the breakfast.  And we finished off one of the dozen or so tubs we had.  Between this weekend’s breakfasts and the ones we’ve given away, I reckon I’ve only got eight left. 

Here’s a link to the post about making scrapple:  http://hawksbillcabin.blogspot.com/2012/01/parts-isparts.html

No comments: