Ramble On

Monday, February 28, 2011

After Action: Berlin Reunion 2011

Unfortunately (or fortunately, as the case may be) I haven't always been one to take a lot of photos at Berlin Reunion events.  The reasons for this are simple and obvious, "what happens at summer camp should stay at summer camp."  So the photos you are getting here are of Berlin memorabilia....



However, this did not prevent others from capturing potentially career-ending photographs and I am sure that they will be making their way into publication, mainly via Facebook, over the next few weeks.

For my part, once again, it was great to see everybody.  I know it's difficult for those who have to travel long distances to get into town for this - but one of the treats of the event is to see who was able to make it this year.  The fact that the crowd changes a little bit every year is one of the things that keeps it great, and I hope that makes the trip worthwhile for those who do come in for it.


Our crowd was probably in the 50 to 60 range - a great turnout.  I am sure Blob's appreciated the business!  And the band shouted out to us a couple of times.  The "chicken dance" was played and a large part of our area emptied out for it.

And, as far as I know, no embarrassing moments...well for the people that attended anyway.  As far as the photographs of individuals that were not there, let's just say that one of them went "'round the world" a couple of times.  Just like in real life, so I'm told. 
(Note, the photos here are items I've found over the years on the web.  As far as I recall they are from common licensed sites - I have no intention of violating copyrights.  If there is a problem with my use of the photos, send a note.)

No comments: