Ramble On

Friday, October 8, 2010

Clarendon Construction - October 2010

One of my colleagues came by the office a few days ago, knowing my interest in the buildings going up across the way from us.  He said, "Jim, some kind of conference going on over there, eh?"  So I took a look, and yes, there were quite a number of workers completing tasks on the exterior upper stories.

From the top down, there is a team that is working on the roof membrane, then another group that is working on the balcony.  I think they have installed a safety rail, and also additional waterproofing membranes.  A third team is working on exterior detail and fenestration, and the final team is working on restoring the historical storefront facades.  A team just out of sight on the ground floor is working on waterproofing the site, what are potentially landscaping areas, but I can't tell yet.



While I was taking a walk the other day, since the two buildings on the south lot are nearing completion - I mentioned this last month - I decided to take my final update photos of them for this post.  Here is the residential buidling, first, from the Clarendon Boulevard entry, and then a photo of the residential and office buildings together. 

They still have a few final steps to go, but there's nothing significant enough left that I'd notice the changes anymore.  I want to move this category along to observing the final steps of the "north block" building - I'm using this material, combined with web research, and hopefully a couple of interviews, for a school project in my construction management class.  So there will be quite a few more photos this month...I also will continue to track the air rights building going up over the church behind us.  

No comments: