Ramble On

Friday, April 2, 2010

Pictures of the Inn

I mentioned earlier in the week that a neighborhood institution, Jordan Hollow Farm Inn, is in foreclosure.  A few weeks ago, the trustee let me come in and take a look around, I brought some friends with me to help me check out the overall condition.  I know my business is all over town on this prospect - but I thought I would share a couple of the photos I took while we visited the property.

Here is the first view guests have as they enter the property to check in or go to the restaurant.  The white house in the background housed the restaurant - it is actually comprised of four old cabins that have been assembled together.  The oldest dates to 1795.

Here is a view of the main lodge building.  Ten rooms here, with another nearby that has four.  These range from a small room to a large suite, and all have doors to the parking/entry area as well as a door of to a balcony or patio that overlooks a small stream. 

Here is one of the cabins - there are six of these, up a hill that overlooks the rest of the inn and has a great view of Hawksbill Mountain over in Shenandoah National Park.  These are all set up with queen beds with a seating area to watch television, plus the French doors open to the view.  There are porches where you can sit out and enjoy the view, which is pretty spectacular in the Fall, as you can imagine.

Last photo in the tour, here is a look down at the rest of the inn from the hillside.  This was taken on a rainy March weekend, so the clouds hide a lot of the Park view. 

It's a nice property.  If you are interested in more details, let me know.

1 comment:

Joye said...

Wow. That's a little piece of heaven. How quickly could you start generating revenue - that's the question...